Last Thursday, on March the 7th, Fundación Global Nature organized a workshop to share the results of the LIFE AgriAdapt project with the most important wineries of Terres del Alforins (Valencia). Bodega Casa Los Frailes and Bodega La Viña-Cooperativa Font de la Figuera shared data for the analysis of Spanish winemaking’s vulnerability to climate change. Rafael Cambra, Celler del Roure Winery, Bodegas Enguera and Clos Cor Vi, also added to the discussion concerning possible measures of adaptation. Most interestingly, the winegrowers were able to express their enormous awereness of climate change, and highlighted the importance of soil and growth cycle management, in order to minimize hydric and thermal stress. These phenomenons have already impacted the vineyards in the past, and will do so more frequently in the near future. In the coming months, we are committed to continue studying new adaptative measures to climate change, so they can keep on producing the best wines!
- LIFE AgriAdapt presented in FAO’s Climate Change Study Circle
- Life AgriAdapt attending 4th ECCA 2019 in Lisbon
- LIFE AgriAdapt presents general recommendations and sustainable measures of adaptation to climate change in the Congress “CAP`s Green Architecture: deepening into eco-schemes”.
- LIFE AgriAdapt in Agroforum Mare Balticum
- AgriAdapt to be presented at the Nantes Food Forum on September 26th, 2019