The overall objective of the AgriAdapt project is to demonstrate that three of the most important farming systems in the EU (livestock, arable and permanent crops) will become more climate-resilient through the implementation of feasible and sustainable adaptation measures which also have positive crosscutting environmental benefits. To this end, different measures will be tested in pilot farms across the four main EU Climate Risk Regions and the conclusions obtained will be used to elaborate General proposals for key farming systems.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- to develop and test a common methodology (decision supporting tool)
- to test sustainable measures and management approaches in 120 pilot farms
- to promote sustainable adaptation measures among farmers, farmers associations, technical consultants, food standard organisations and agricultural assurance companies
- to raise awareness and train current and future farmers on sustainable adaptation options at farm level
- to transfer best practices and know-how to political, agricultural and food business stakeholders and contribute to the development and implementation of EU, national and regional policies.