On the 6th and 7th of June 2019, the DVS (German Networking Centre for Rural Areas) organised a workshop on “Agriculture in a changing climate – Technology and Knowledge Transfer” together with the Austrian Network Future Region Land. The content of the event was characterised by talks from German and Austrian experts, particularly in the research area of climate adaptation, soil and irrigation. In the thematic block “Transfer of knowledge into practice” the Lake Constance Foundation presented how the experiences and findings gained in the EU LIFE project AgriAdapt, as well as the elaborated sustainable adaptation measures to climate change, are transferred into the agricultural practice. Besides the vulnerability assessment at farm level, the focus was on the transfer of knowledge through practical workshops on pilot farms, and through the introduction of the topic into lessons of agricultural technical schools. Working groups then worked on how knowledge can be transferred from research into practice.
- Climate in the North predicates the adaptation
- Two AgriAdapt educational posters on the impact of climate change in agriculture and the adaptation levers to be implemented
- How vulnerable is the organic sector? – More insight into climate change
- AgriAdapt Final Conference – Adaptation of the Southern Region to climate change
- Impacts and adaptation to climate change in the Somme